Saturday, July 3, 2021

The Status of this Blog and the Forever Delayed Revamped Anime Archivist Project

So, it’s probably time yet again to update you all on my forever delayed revamping of my Anime Archivist blog. I have thought long and hard about this, and have decided to abandon the project. As you might have noticed, not a lot of writing and publishing is getting done. Most of it over the last year and bit has been reviews of theatrical anime release and my look back at the previous decade in the trends in the anime industry. As I have previously noted, a number of people are doing similar things to what I was doing with the Anime Archivist, and I see no need for duplication.

However, most of the material other people write about focuses on the Japanese side of things and very few blogs or other fan made material focuses on English language video releases, fandom (which is almost entirely about US fandom), obscurities like commercial anime music video compilations or English language anime magazines. There are other things I want to write about as well such as the anime films of Japanese cult Happy Science (aka Kofuku-no-Kagaku) and my trips to Japan visiting otaku type sites and more mainstream areas of interest I have visited.

I also want to write about other topics which interest me, some of which will be totally unrelated to Japanese pop culture. Some of these will intersect with Japanese pop culture, some won’t. After finally finishing my series on the utter obscure UK anime video label Western Connection, I want to do another series of posts on a specific topic. However, it won’t be the Happy Science anime films series. I plan doing that one much later. I have already done a quite a bit of research and prep on this new series.

As I said previously, I still want to revisit material previously published on my long defunct Lost World of Anime website and blog (circa 2003 to 2010). The idea is for most, if not all of that material to be rewritten and republished on this blog. I also have other half-finished material which I may revisit, rewrite and publish. I also want write new posts based on the same format (reviews of lost or obscure English adaptations of anime and tokusatsu, plus English language anime magazines).

As I have said many times before, I'm not really concerned if I don't have a large following or no following at all for my writing. I'm just happy to write about this stuff. Due the stresses of work and life in general (but mostly work…), don’t expect regular posts. I will endeavour to post material on a more regular basis though.

No comments:

Post a Comment