Monday, April 27, 2015

This Fucking Black Dog...

Well, it happened. In the last week of March, the wheels fell off. It was a week from hell where my anxiety just went through the roof and I just wasn't sleeping. Work was killing me. By Wednesday I was going nuts trying to contact my old psychologist. However I could only get in to see her in mid April. I thought, fuck it, and on the Monday went to the medical centre to get whatever to calm me down and the week leading up to Easter Friday off from work. Unfortunately it wasn't my regular doctor and I was prescribed some pills which weren't that great.

While it settled me down somewhat, the side effects were awful. Like a lot of SSRI anti-depressants, it really messes with the sexual side of thing. I had (actually, still have) a raging libido, yet the pills have made sure I can't do anything about it. It's driving me nuts (no pun intended). It may seem like a joke, but it's really distracting to have these side effects for nearly a month now. So after consultation with my psychologist and regular doctor, I'm getting off pills. But with these terrible pills, you can't go cold turkey, even if you've only been on them for as little as a month. I've gone half dose for the last week, and the following week is half that again.

It's just been an utterly frustrating 16 or so months. Everything has just piled on top of each other and caused this. As a result, I'm gonna have to take a break from blogging which is annoying as I've been trying to get back into it. Hopefully I'll see you around in a week or two.

No comments:

Post a Comment